Kindergarten Curriculum for Spring 2012
- Ordinary Parent’s Guide to Teaching Reading (OPG) – 5x/week; main coursebook. We are at Lesson 51 right now. He sails through the lessons.
- Explode the Code (ETC) – 3x/week; We do it concurrently with the OPG. I thinks it is helpful, he recognizes the words and understands their spelling too.
- HWT K – Letters and Numbers for Me: 3x/week; G's handwriting is behind compared to other subjects, he knows all his letters, but like a boy he spends more time with his toys than sitting and writing :)
MathWe love Singapore Math Kindergarten 4x/week.We use both the activity book and the supplemental books. They are both helpful and help in mastering the subject. Repetition is the key.
Besides this we always play, count in everyday life.
VocabularyWe use Wordly Wise 3000 K 3x/week.The lessons are very colorful on enjoyable, G loves it.
HistoryWe haven't started it yet, but soon will Story Of The World.
- We use Sonlight's Science A - 5that we
- We use Child size Masterpieces to study several artists, somewhat following Harmony Art Mom's curriculum. We plan incorporate Meet The Masters soon.
We started The Complete Writer: Writing with Ease that we incorporate with our readings. We do not follow the exact books the book recommends. We also do Writeshop Primary A occasionally. For G this is very good introductory to start with. At school they do some writing too.
G is in a English/Spanish immersion program at the Montessori school. He knows a lot of Spanish words, expressions. We plan to do some Spanish K workbooks that will be fun.
G is attending Suzuki piano classes one on one since last fall that we will continue. We also listen to some classical music while on the road.
We started some Geography Workbooks too Maps, Charts, Graphs level A and Scholasti Success Workbook along with A Child's introduction to The World book.